Operations Co-op Program
Perform meaningful work that prepares you for your career and makes a difference in clients' lives.
Opportunities for sophomores and above
Apply Concepts You're Learning
As a student pursuing an undergraduate degree, you can put your analytical skills to work building professional relationships and gaining real-life experience in the financial services industry, you can put your analytical skills to work building professional relationships and gaining real-life experience in the financial services industry.
Your work will put you on the front lines of client service as you interact directly with clients and branch teams in ways that support the firm's commitment to delivering an ideal client experience.
This cooperative education (co-op) program integrates a career experience with your schooling. By working in a role that uses skills you have learned in school during the same semester that you take classes, you can immediately apply and sharpen your skills. The flexible co-op schedule allows you to comfortably balance both work and school.
About the Co-op Opportunity
- Paid opportunity
- 20 hours minimum per week
- Minimum of a 14-week program
- Work in the Edward Jones St. Louis home office or Tempe
- Openings for Spring and Fall Semester
About the Work You Will Do
The co-op program has opportunities throughout different divisions of the firm, on the job duties include: providing branch teams with clear, timely and accurate information, processing account transactions that help fulfill clients' financial needs and other important daily duties of associates.
There are currently opportunities in the following divisions:
- Human Resources
Who Should Apply
The most rewarding opportunities are those that carefully match the person with the position. Check out the criteria for applying, and get started.
We look for students who meet these criteria:
- Currently enrolled in your sophomore year or higher
- Motivated, results-oriented
- All majors considered
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Skilled in analytics, leadership, communication, teamwork and client service
- Relevant experience and leadership or participation in student organizations is a plus
- Able to commit to at least 14 consecutive weeks of work
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
Support and Development
From your first day on the job, you will receive one-on-one support and development opportunities from leaders, mentors and peers.
Get a jump-start on your career!
We do things differently here at Edward Jones, and that includes how we train and support co-op participants.
Your direct leader will help you understand your day-to-day responsibilities, monitor your progress, and help you succeed in your objectives.
You will have the opportunity to work with a career mentor, an associate who exemplifies a strong and healthy work ethic. Your career mentor will:
- Help you understand the firm's culture, values and behaviors common to fellow Edward Jones associates
- Provide guidance for professional development and career plans
- Create awareness of and involvement in activities outside of department
Co-op participants will have the opportunity to build a network with peers from colleges and universities across the St. Louis metro area.
Meet Us on Campus
Want to meet Edward Jones in person? Check out the career offices at the following schools to find out when we'll be on campus.
St. Louis Campus
- University of Missouri–St. Louis
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Fontbonne University
- Webster University
- Lindenwood University
- Maryville University
- Saint Louis University
- Harris-Stowe State University
- Grand Canyon University
- Benedictine University
- Arizona State University
Take the Next Step – Start the Application Process
If you're interested in participating in the Co-op program, follow these steps:
- Visit your Career Services office to find out when Edward Jones will be on site for Career Fairs and Campus Events. We have specific target schools at which we recruit year-round.
- Submit your résumé to our posted jobs through your university's Career Services site for consideration.
- Candidates selected for interviews will be asked to complete an application on the Edward Jones Careers site.
Want more information? We've compiled some Frequently Asked Questions about our internships, co-ops and Rotational Development Program.