Realize Your Desired Leadership Role
This rigorous two-year accelerated leadership program will chart your course to a key role, through varied and targeted opportunities.
Opportunities for MBA and Advanced Degree Students
Tailored Pathways for Motivated Leaders
Gain multi-layered experience through a challenging, cross-functional platform that offers multiple opportunities to engage and network with senior executives.
The Edward Jones Accelerated Leadership Program (ALP)
Edward Jones’ ALP is a selective program that offers unique opportunities to drive your career forward. With targeted and diverse opportunities to lead, build relationships with senior management, and engage in multiple networking and development opportunities, it’s a platform that invests in you and your career trajectory – an investment that will extend well beyond the two-year program.
Challenging and Multi-Faceted Career Development
Your ALP journey will consist of four high-impact rotations in core business areas that best suit your desired career path and Edward Jones’ requirements. Each rotation will involve people and project leadership, executive mentoring, networking and customized personal development programs. At the end of the two years, you’ll be paired with a key role and a team that mutually benefit you and Edward Jones.
Deep Networks, Key Relationships
Unique among other rotational programs, we facilitate routine access to our executive leadership team through mentorship and networking events. An important component of our accelerated program is to help identify the development path that’s right for you, which can be partly informed by these key relationships you build.
No two ALP candidates will have the same journey. We’ll craft your experience to best leverage your unique viewpoint and desired career path. It’s a focused, rigorous platform for serious senior leadership candidates.
Who’s Eligible for the ALP?
Post-graduate degrees, generally an MBA, are required. Candidates must be willing to dive in and start informing initiatives, leading teams and strategizing solutions.
Are you about to complete an advanced degree program?
The ALP is an ideal career platform for experienced professionals who meet these qualifications:
- MBA or other relevant post-graduate degree, which must be obtained before starting the program
- Prior work experience (1–5 years)
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Attaining FINRA Series 7 and 66 required within first year, where applicable
- Previous demonstration of leadership skills (work, campus)
- Strong decision making abilities
- Balancing best interest of firm and our teams while mitigating risk
- Flexibility, willingness to adapt in a changing and complex environment
- Sharp project management skills
- Subject-matter expertise, as appropriate
In six-month rotations, you’ll be exposed to challenging cross-functional experiences in core business areas, giving you broad organizational exposure in key areas. We’ve designed the program this way to maximize your opportunity to make an impact and sharpen your skills.
Rotations can include:
- Service Optimization/Operational Excellence
- Impact our process improvement effort companywide
- Earn a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Market Opportunity Strategy
- Inform components of our integrated process that enables us to collect, aggregate and share key data insights to penetrate new markets
- Products and Solutions
- Provide branch teams and clients with a broad supply of quality investment products that align with our guidance and strategic goals
- Enable every branch team to deliver tailored solutions to meet evolving client needs via enhanced tools, training, coaching and performance support
Support and Career Development
Unlike most Rotational Development Programs, Edward Jones gives each participant the chance to chart his or her course to a key role based on both skill set and expertise, as well as ultimate career goals – all while providing multiple training, development and networking opportunities.
We’re Invested in Your Long-term Success
Beyond the ALP
Our support of your career development at Edward Jones won’t stop at the end of the two-year program. We’ll invest in your ongoing success here; ensuring your career path continues to match your goals.
Leader Onboarding and Training
Robust ALP onboarding and training will prepare you for your cross-functional career path here, with additional coaching touch points during the length of your program.
Our executive leadership team is highly accessible to our ALP candidates, providing mentorship, guidance and support during the program. The program also offers additional opportunities to engage with our executives at exclusive networking events.
Interested in a High-Impact Leadership Path?
If you’re an MBA or other advanced-degree candidate who’s looking for challenging and diverse opportunities, we want to meet you.
The Edward Jones Accelerated Leadership Program offers a breadth of potential career pathways in key business areas that include:
- Strategic Analysis
- Information Security
- Training and Development
- Product Review
- Operational Excellence
- Firm Analytics
- Market Opportunity Strategy
- Client Service
If you’d like to learn more about our opportunities for MBA and advanced-degree candidates, contact our career team or speak to your university’s career office.